twitter




Thursday, June 17, 2010

Can they garnish my wages in Pennsylvania?

Okay, I went to college for a year and a half. Had mostly financial aid for financing. I had to leave in the middle of my 4th semester for personal reasons, with plans to return shortly. Then the school returned my full years worth of financial aid for the 2nd year to the lending institution %26amp; the school charged me for it. Then the lending institution denies ever getting it back %26amp; they charged me for it. I can%26#039;t even go back to school until I get it all paid off, which will be in my 40%26#039;s or 50%26#039;s. So anyways, I got a call the other day that says if I can%26#039;t pay them 3000 dollars now and so much every month for 9 months to get my account in good standing. I just had a baby two months ago %26amp; am not currently working or able to go back to work, cause I%26#039;d just have to pay for childcare. They are threatening to garnish my wages when I go back, can they do that in Pennsylvania? I%26#039;d heard they can take your income tax(they did) but not garnish your wages. What other states have no garnish laws?



Can they garnish my wages in Pennsylvania?debt





Yes they can in Pa.If they get a judgment against you,they can garnish your wages and go after your bank account.You need to get proof from the school that they in fact did return the money to the bank.



Can they garnish my wages in Pennsylvania? loan



You really have to keep records of all paperwork contact the school get written documentation showing their refund to you the try and find the returned check you sent to the lending company or contact the bank for a copy if it was a bank check or money order I hope you kept the receipt,once you have all the documentation fax it to the lending company, good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment