twitter




Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ok what would you do if you were in my shoes?

I%26#039;m 19, I have 2 jobs and I%26#039;m in school. I get paid every 2 weeks from my day time jobs and every week from my night time job. There%26#039;s only 1 car right now at home and that%26#039;s my mom%26#039;s, but there%26#039;s four people that have to use the car to go places (my sister, my mom, and her two friends) So here%26#039;s the situation. My sister doesnt have a job yet and my mom%26#039;s friend just got a job about a week ago. Before he got a job I was lending him and my sister money just about every week, plus putting about $50 worth of gas in my mom%26#039;s car. Now me being the kind hearted person that I am, I couldn%26#039;t say no cause I felt sorry for dude not having a job and how could I say no to my big sis when we%26#039;ve been so close for a long time? My mom told me the only person I should be lending money to is her since I%26#039;m trying to save so I can get my license and get my own place this summer. So if it was you, would you just say the hell with it and start saying no to everyone or would you keep doing the same thing?



Ok what would you do if you were in my shoes?loan





I would say....say no to everyone. You work hard for your money and unfortuantely (family or not), there are people out there who will abuse your trust and friendliness. If you ever want to have anything for yourself and be able to get out on your own, you are going to have to put your money aside and stop letting everyone %26quot;borrow%26quot; it. If they are like some people I know, they probably wont ever return it etiher. Sounds to me like you are smart person with a good head on your shoulders, afterall you are in school and you have two jobs so start using it. Although I am not against helping people out when they are in dire needs, you shouldnt let people take advantage of you. Tell your sister to get a job!!! Start looking after you sweetie before they drain you of everything you ar trying to save...



Ok what would you do if you were in my shoes? loan



Say no. Keep your cash.|||i would say no to EVERYONE|||I would say to hell with it, get out on your own and forget about the people that are bumming off of you.|||Start saying no. The guy is getting a job. Your sister needs to. You have to worry about yourself. They aren%26#039;t. Just explain you can%26#039;t, be nice about it, that you have to save for this summer. Good luck.|||You are spoiling them by keep doing the same thing. Say Hell NO! and they will realize that they are individuals and start living for themselves.|||it depends on what they are borrowing money for. and, are they planning on repaying you? just work through it, summers almost here!|||Yes I would get up and wash the word welcome off my forehead. I had to laugh out loud when I read what your mom said about only lending her money (sounded a little self serving. didn%26#039;t it?) People will only take advantage of you if you let them. Good luck.|||Say no ...If they don%26#039;t want to get money on their own and are just slacking off you then they are not worth it ...save your money dude you earned it !|||i would not be giving people money that i worked for! maybe putting gas in the car is one thing but now that the other dude has a job i would only put enough gas to get you where you need to go . Dont let people push you around......its not about being mean for not giving them money anymore its about standing up for yourself! and i wouldnt be giving my mom tons of money either. only if she really needed it!|||Your shoes don%26#039;t fit me. I would trade them in for some size 28s.



But, really, you shouldn%26#039;t have to lend anyone money every week, it shows they%26#039;re not planning well enough. It%26#039;s nice of you though.|||Assuming that your mom is wiser than you (which is the case in about 85% of mother-child relationships), I%26#039;d say listen to your mom. She probably has good reasons for this advice.



God bless!|||Learn to start saying no... Sometime people don%26#039;t try to find alternate means of getting stuff they need (money included), if they know there is someone they can sponge off (family especially).



Help out once in a while when you can but do not inconvenience yourself to help or put your plans on the back burner.|||If your saving for a car of your own **** everyone else, they won%26#039;t thank you for it in the long run. It%26#039;s up to everyone else to look after themselves and get jobs it%26#039;s not your job to carry everyone. So answer is keep your money for you and no-one else.|||You should give your mom money if you are not paying rent. But to everyone else tell them no. You are should save your money so you can a car for you to drive only and get an apartment. They are mooching off you and it has to stop. Especially your mom%26#039;s friends, he is the biggest mooch of all.|||I would definitely say the hell with it...and stop lending everyone money. Sure they are family, but thats the hardest part about lending them money in the first place, cuz you feel bad for wanting to ask for the money back. You are NOT going to get ahead and be able to move out on your own if you are always doing financial favors for everyone. It%26#039;s your money and you worked very hard for it, and no one should be able to slow you down from accomplishing what you set out to do...|||Keep your cash to yourself.. he already got a job and you%26#039;ll never be able to save up enough to buy a place if you keep giving everyone money. Think about yourself for once. Good Luck.|||stop being the Bank of The Family......



take care of you or you%26#039;ll never get ahead on your own....



the money you%26#039;re lending them could be going in to a savings account for your OWN car!!|||I would do as your mom asks. She is your best ally and is trying to help you get on your own. After you are ON YOUR OWN you can lend your money out to anyone you want, but not until then. Tell your sister and your mom%26#039;s friend you can%26#039;t loan any money out until you are not living with your mom and using her car and they will have to borrow from someone who has it to loan out. You really don%26#039;t have it to loan out when you are dependent and saving to be independent. Good Luck.|||Its always a good feeling to help a family member out but there is a point where you gotta draw the line. First thing is first, you gotta think of your priorities before you can help other people%26#039;s. Next i would probably cut your sister and her friend off. I know that isin%26#039;t very cool but the more you lend the money the more they will keep coming back. If you use your mom%26#039;s car then yeah put some gas in her car and help with some of the essentials but i wouldn%26#039;t pay her to use her car like a rental agency. Helping your family out is a great thing but there is no reason to go way out of your way just to make them happy.|||your sis loves you but she is useing you a little . as for the friend you have no obligation to him they need to make their own money.SAY NO you need to focus on you and what is best for you youll never get anywhere if your always givin handouts and not saving its ok to loan some times but seriously every week is ridiculous.|||So your driving with out a license and lending money to everyone in the house while working two jobs. Stop lending/giving money to everyone get your license and get out on your own. You seem responsible and appear to be being taken advantage of by all the inhabitants of the house, tell them sorry but NO. Good luck.|||Set a goal to save enough money to get your own ride and don%26#039;t forget insurance. Put all you possibly can into saving for the car. Let your family and friendfs know you are doing this and need their support. It is a good goal and possibly a benefit to everyone. Anyone negative toward your plan gets written off not just now but later. You%26#039;ll know they weren%26#039;t supportive when you had a need and probably never will be.



You are #1 and take care of your needs first. Good Luck!|||If i were you..



1) I would give my mother money because she has supported me all my life.



2) I%26#039;d tell my older sister to get her lazy *** a job! and i would not give her anymore money



3) I would not give that lazy *** bum of a friend anymore money.maybe if you stopped giving him soo much money he would be pressured to get a f***in%26#039; job!



4) I would try to save even more money with workin%26#039; so i can get my own car before i move to my own place in the summer.



5) The two friends that need the car need to go buy their own car! Why are they using yours when they know that you need it and there are already two other family members without a car..How insensitive are they?



6) i would focus on school so i would get better grades higher GPA and hopefully go to a good college and set myself up for a great career and life because if you work hard in your education you would get a good job which equals EVEN MORE MONEY!!



I hope I%26#039;ve helped some how,,|||dont start saying no to everyone but understand that kindness can definetly be taken for a weakness. so every now and then you have to say no even if you want to say yes, just so you can see the reaction. You have a plan, just stick with it. every beginning has an end and every ending has a beginning.|||MOVE OUT KEEP UR MONEY BUY UR OWN CAR IT HARD TAKING CARE OF UR SELF THEN YOU GOT TO HELP 3 OTHER PEOPLE IS YOU CRAZY.U OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE YOUR OWN PLACE/CAR/DL/ GET U A 1 BEDROOM APT.U CAN DO IT|||It%26#039;s okay to put your NEEDS before other people%26#039;s WANTS.



And *lending* money to family and friends is almost always a bad idea - it creates tension and destroys relationship if the person can%26#039;t pay it back fully or in time.



Suggest a new financial system for the household. Get everyone involved in the process.



Figure out exactly what the monthly expenses are; everyone who earns money should contribute an equal percentage of their earnings to the household account (so no matter how much you earn, everyone is making an equal effort). Everyone who does not have a job, has to contribute through chores and household duties.|||i%26#039;d say to hell with it lol just lend to your mom.. unless your sisters done alot for you too.|||You wont be able to save money if your giving it away. Save! Good luck.|||I would say no to everyone, they all mooch off of you. Take of of your life and ignore the others. If they need money then they can go get a job. its not that hard, you have 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment